Sunday 29 December 2013

No Couch Potatoes Allowed!

Get up! Get moving! Dance! Run! Jump! Crawl! Wriggle! Slide!







The ButterBalls are always on the move, which keeps me on my toes and leaves us all exhausted at the end of each day... exhausted but happy and I wouldn't have it any other way!






Besides helping me burn up a few calories, all that active play develops the Butterball's gross motor skills and coordination. It also helps improve balance and builds strong little bodies.


When playing games together, kids practise turn-taking and sharing. They learn about good sportsmanship and how to be team players. They even practise math skills through score keeping! 


These are but a few of the benefits of Active play and right now, after an amazing day at the Moses Mabida Peoples Park, the benefit I'm totally loving is...sleepy exhaustion.


After all that action, the Butterballs are easily drifting off to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment